Sunday, September 25, 2011

Aria

Aria to me was a very sad kind of reading. At first Iwas frustrated with the kid because I thought he was taking a lot away form himself. For example he said he would sit in class "silent, waiting for the bell to sound, I remained dazed, diffident, afraid". I know he was Spanish, and did not speak a lot of English and that could be very intimidating especially if you are in a all white school, but I think he should have at least made an effort in class to try to make new friends, and interact with the teacher to learn and experience new things. But right when the nuns came (pg 1), I started to feel bad. His parents were told they need their kids to speak English better, and that they want their parents to just speak English around them. As the story goes on the boy starts to feel more and more distant from his family, but seems to enjoy school better. When reading this I actually felt bad for the kid because he did not really communicate with his parents at all. Personally that would kill me becasue my parents are everything in my life. Their always there for you when you need them, and I feel like this kid might have lost that feeling towards his parents becasue they did not get to talk as much as they use to. I just thought it was sad to see a family fall apart like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment